California’s critical housing shortage has focused attention on the need for more affordable housing. As the largest nonprofit affordable housing developer in California, Jamboree provides a variety of internship opportunities across a spectrum of career paths. Interns provide valuable services that help fill the gap for a nonprofit, gaining hands-on experience in a real-world work environment while exploring potential career options.
Jamboree internship opportunities are available in areas such as these business groups:
- Housing Development oversees project management of affordable housing opportunities and works with design, engineering, construction, and capital partners.
- Asset Management ensures that the value of each property is maximized, and liaisons with a variety of local and city partners.
- Marketing Communications manages the Jamboree brand across print, social media, presentations, and major events such as groundbreakings and grand openings.
- Human Resources recruits and hires new staff, and manages employee benefits, legal compliance and volunteers.
- Community Impact creates living environments for our residents and their children that help them REACH their full potential through learning, healthy living, and resident involvement and empowerment.
What students say about Jamboree academic internships?Academic internship opportunities are available for college students. For a first-person look at what an internship with Jamboree is like, see what Amy and Steven have to say about their intern experiences.
Plus, here’s what other interns are saying about their work experience with Jamboree:
- Pursuing a degree in business administration, Lisa worked in Human Resources, learning to recruit for open positions, review resumes, and become adept at industry-standard software programs. “I like that Interns work in the same office space as other employees, so it’s a great place to learn about the company and what they do first-hand."
- As a student studying psychology and social behavior, Peter says, “My internship is helping me figure out the influences of homeless people in their communities and how other people from different communities view that.”
- And Samantha, also a psychology and social behavior major, says of her internship, “Jamboree is a place where you can learn and develop your professional skills set without being judged. I appreciate how my managers give me hands-on experience and make me feel productive in the work I am doing.”
College student interns make a difference
As a leader in the building industry, Jamboree strives to be a creative and innovative leader, while also remaining flexible to respond to rapidly changing market conditions. We believe that housing is more than shelter, and that everyone deserves quality housing that is affordable. Working as an intern for Jamboree means you will make a difference for hundreds of families, children, veterans, seniors, and people living with special needs who find stability and success in our affordable housing.
If you’re interested in an internship with Jamboree, please contact Tamara Tellez, our Human Resources Supervisor.