We’re all in this together…
As always, Jamboree is committed to the overall health and wellness of all California communities. The health and safety of our residents, our employees, and their families is our top priority.
Jamboree is keeping business operations fully operational while we also ensure the wellbeing of our entire staff as they work remotely during this time. Following the ongoing direction of public health officials, all corporate events and gatherings are cancelled or postponed to later this year.
Together, we continue to safely deliver the housing and services so essential to our residents.
- For assistance with other essential services, please call 2-1-1 or visit 211.org.
- For assistance finding food, search for local food banks in your area.
- To file an unemployment claim, certify for benefits, get payment information and set up direct deposits to a checking account, please go to UI Online. For those self-employed as independent contractors or freelancers, please go to LAist.com for a helpful guide.
- For non-crisis emotional support for anyone struggling with mental health concerns, substance abuse, or loneliness, reach out via phone, text or live chat to the WarmLine for Orange and Los Angeles Counties.
- For immediate crisis counseling for those experiencing emotional distress to any natural or human-caused disaster, reach out to the national Disaster Distress Helpline. Call 800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746. Multilingual and confidential crisis support services are available 24/7. Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions during a disaster.
- To apply for healthcare coverage due to lack of health insurance from a job loss, please visit California’s healthcare exchange for details on qualifying.
- For Jamboree residents looking for rental payment options and help with other state and federal financial resources (and how to avoid scams), please see our Resident COVID-19 Financial Resources Guide and contact your onsite property manager directly.
- For Jamboree residents who receive HUD-funded rental assistance and have had a decrease in income, please contact your onsite property manager as soon as possible to arrange an income recertification. Those who qualify may be entitled to a prompt rent reduction or a hardship exemption effective the first month following the income loss. Federal stimulus payments are NOT included in this income calculation.
- For Jamboree residents looking for additional referral resources in your local area, please contact your onsite Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) directly.
How we’re helping...
- Nearly 4,000 resident households are receiving routine care and referral resource calls from our community impact team of 35+ resident service managers and coordinators.
- To date, a total of 113,443 pounds of food have been delivered to the doorsteps of more than 3,000 of our most vulnerable families, seniors, and special needs residents -- at 12+ communities in five counties.
- Through referrals, 175 Jamboree households have received $500 emergency debit cards from United Way Orange County to help with rent, food, and utilities – a total of $87,000!
- Residents facing lost jobs or reduced hours are being offered help with the options of deferred rent payments, interest-free repayment plans and penalty waivers. Additionally, all evictions have stopped.
- As our students shelter at home, we transformed one of our onsite after-school programs into a virtual learning experience. Now we're training our Resident Service Coordinators across the state to implement online after-school programs at all family properties.
- We keep moving forward on construction and development of more housing (700+ units) at a time when the security of having a home is even more critical.
How you can help...
- Donate to provide children $10 activity kits with materials for science, crafts, math, and art projects so they can participate in learning from home through our virtual after-school program. Already, your donations have provided kits for 235 kids.
- Encourage our special-needs residents with donations for $10 wellness kits that provide calming activities such as mandala coloring pages, notecards and colored pencils during this stressful time. To date, your donations are making a difference for 255 of these residents.
- As an individual or family, make a donation that will provide basic essentials and rental assistance for our residents most in crisis.
- As a company, make a contribution, provide a grant and/or matching funds that can help bridge the gap for households that have lost jobs or seen hours cut. These are workers so vital to our neighborhoods.
- A donation of any amount today will make an immediate difference tomorrow. It’s easy to give where needed most, online via your preferred payment method, on our Give Center.